Friday, July 14, 2006

Ubuntu Wannabe


I am hoping to bring the Ubuntu distribution to me. After starting up my PC day after day, and day after day cursing Microsoft, I have decided that enough is enough. But, I'm not that brave. So I have decided to go ahead and install Ubuntu Linux on my old Pentium 3. When I say old, I mean old. It's processor clocks in at a breath-taking 700mhz! [take breath here]
Are you OK now? Good. And that is one of the main reasons that I have decided to take the leap to Ubuntu on that PC. I never use it because of it's disease ridden life. It is missing critical system files, and have around 26kb of storage space left. The C: drive is loaded with spyware, and the D: drive crashed. It takes 15 minutes to get onto my broadband internet, and google takes 6 minutes to load. Shutdown time is an astonishing 45 minutes. You know that you would wipe Windows and install Ubuntu as well.

Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, I cannot say that I have installed Ubuntu. I can't even say that I have tried out "The Beast". On the said pile-of-crap, booting from a CD is not available, so I can't test out the Live CD up there. And on the PC I am on now, my nice one, I don't feel like shutting down to test this sucka out. You can bet your intergrated graphics card that when I do get off my...lower portion, and install Ubuntu, I will most definitely write up a summary of my experiences. But for now, I have to go procrastinate!

Comments on "Ubuntu Wannabe"

 

post a comment